Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I just don't REALLY want anything right now.

"The thing you really believe in always happens . . . and the belief in a thing makes it happen." — Frank Lloyd Wright


I know what it feels like to want something and I have some incredible accomplishments in my life. Of course I am most proud of being helpful to my family in a time of need. I am second most proud of moving to New York to learn more about dancing.


When I want something I can do it.


Not to totally discount the factor of age. Maybe when I wanted something I could do it, when I was 22 or 24.


But there are so many fantastic older women doing amazing things: My idols of course being Martha Stewart, Teri Gross, and Joan Rivers. Note that Martha Stewart and Joan Rivers both have only one child, while Teri Gross is childless. Also, that neither Martha Stewart nor Joan Rivers is married. I don't necessarily need a family of my own to be awesome.


I will be happier when I determine what I REALLY want to do. Until then I should enjoy the freedom that the absence of WANT brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment