Monday, August 29, 2011

Quoty - some thoughts on my new depression

"The secret of a leader lies in the tests he has faced over the whole course of his life and the habit of action he develops in meeting those tests." — Gail Sheehy


I don't know who Gail Sheehy is. I am currently battling with depression and certainly feel "tested". I'm not sure of the appropriate places to turn to for help. I have gone to see a therapist once and will call her today to try to set up an appointment for this week. I think the most concerning fact of my depression is the weight loss. I am typically on the skinny side and the weight loss due to depression is putting me in the underweight category. I feel like I look gross.


Furthermore, I am dating someone who I really like - and I may have messed things up with him due to my depression. I want to practice what I want. I want to practice being in a good relationship. Even if it doesn't work out with this particular guy, if I practice these skills - I will have these skills in my next relationship. It can also help out with my friendships.


So maybe I should do what the yogis say and focus on my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment