Monday, March 11, 2013

Depression isn't the end of the world

I've read that you can do so much when you're depressed. And that's true. Sometimes I freak out that since I'm depressed - I am doomed. And that is not true. At all.

I have suffered from a bit of depression and I still was able to accomplish so much in terms of living in different cities, getting a lot accomplished with school, dating great guys, and having a great, high paying career. It's true that I can't afford a 600K house in seattle (yet), but I don't know anyone my age who can and it is not an impossible goal for me.

Clearly, I don't feel well because of my Spring time allergies, and not feeling well (and fatigue from asthma) is adding to my down mood and lack of will power.

The good thing about depression is that it lets you focus on what is important. Which is and always is - living well day to day while building a foundation to support the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment