Monday, March 11, 2013

Heartbreak from E

Dear E,

It seems that I should be used to this by now. I have been in love many times. I have gotten hurt many times, often over and over again by the same person. Sometimes it takes a while to learn.

You are a nice person, and your manners and good habits are extremely impressive. I want manners and habits like yours. You are nice looking and confident, but still very human. You are fancy. You are the richest , fanciest man I have ever dated; and this made me realize something that I did not know before. I want to be rich and fancy. I thought that I wanted money for other reasons, so that I could support my art, but now I found another reason. I guess this helps me solidify my desire for a 600K house.

Although wanting can cause suffering, I don't think that it does in this case. It gives me a guide to follow. It is perhaps a lonely road, but a starving artist was also a lonely road. I live in the extremes and I can't really help it. I can try to nurture "well-roundedness", and maybe that is a worthy goal. But cultivating a rich social life is a lot of work for me. It does not come easily. And although I value a rich social life, I'm not sure the sacrifices are worth it.

Those are just some ideas to think about for myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment