Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fantasy Identities

There's a tip in Happiness-Project to channel your other identities, when a particular one isn't going well.  I think I can extend this to fantasy identities, mine including (both normal and fantasy):

-dancer
-student
-worker
-family member
-dating girl
-fashion/beauty girl
-housekeeper/homemaker/interior designer
-knitter
-runner
-yogi
-writer
-scientist/engineer/researcher

There are probably so many more. I used to think that identities are stupid - but now I see that they can be a tool for organizing your self and also trying on a different self (If only for a few hours to take a break from the self that isn't going so well...).

I was worried this morning that I slept too much. I think I woke up once at 6 am and then I woke up for real at 8 am. I think I went to bed very early, maybe 9:30 pm. The day before I worried that I slept too little. Went to bed at 1 and woke up around 7 (ended up hanging out in bed for awhile - but still). It's not like the worry is TOTALLY pointless. It does help me to look at this very important bodily and emotional need - SLEEP. But I want to change it from worry to like worriless observation - pleasant mindfulness. Maybe less judging - just noticing. Sounds hard.

Not in a terrible mood this morning - hopefully will get on with my MSEE application so I can move forward with my LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment