Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Green Eyed

I guess I always have to write about something negative too (my last post was pretty innocuous).

My boyfriend had this crush on this woman he works with. She's better than me by some very basic and societally approved metrics: tall instead of short, straight hair instead of curly hair, bilingual, richer, younger, she also works in his same field as my boyfriend (which has a higher earning potential than mine (although I probably have a better salary than her at this moment) but I may not in the future unless I step up my education (get a PhD), shift professions (like become an IP lawyer instead of an engineer), or do the MBA and get promoted lots route). I honestly think I am cooler and better looking, but maybe not in his eyes.

Sooo, apparently they hooked up a few times last year and he was in love with her and she rejected him. Soooo, I'm jealous. yuck!!!!

I should note that his crush on her and his hooking up with her happened a year before we met, but they are still friends.

I'm not jealous at this moment, but I get weird tweaks of jealousy now and then. It feels gross. I hate it. Where does jealousy come from? I'm trying to practice self acceptance and self love, maybe these things are related?

No comments:

Post a Comment