Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wholesome

I was reminded of the word and concept of "wholesomeness" recently. I was watching an episode of 'Louie' with David, where Louie is on a USO tour with some other performers including cheerleaders. 'Louie' does his set which has some raunchy jokes and when he is later talking to a cheerleader she says she was offended and wonders why he can't be Christian and funny. Later on he shows her that his daughter has put a baby duck in his luggage to keep him safe in Afghanistan and he makes some little joke about it and she says "see, that was funny and Christian". David said that he hates it when people use the word "Christian" when they actually mean "wholesome".

I think I am missing something wholesome in my life. Everything seems cynical and jaded and sort of too harsh. I sort of want the cute puppies or whatever. Hmmm, I guess my lavender plant counts as wholesome. Reading books counts as wholesome. Even reading the yoga blogs that I have been into counts as wholesome. Baking = definitely wholesome. Chess is wholesome. Learning about science and economics is wholesome. So there are some ideas that I can look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment