Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Morning Coming Down

It is 3:48 am Sunday morning (yeah, blog posts are dated automatically, but I thought I would point that out).

My goals and priorities for the next ten years: gain knowledge to make decisions and take actions that are good for me.

This goal is the same for my five year and one year goal.

My goal for the next three months: knowledge gaining (to make a smart education and work/life balance plan that I feel good about) + community building.

Weekly goals are more difficult. I have to manage my basic day-to-day life. As a priority I need to prep for the work week (food, clothes, sleep, etc.). I also need to maintain my current relationships by calling and texting people who are important to me. I also want to take care of myself: pay attention to my feelings, exercise each day, eat well, be creative.

After basic care, I want to focus on my larger goals. I know there are information sessions through my engineering union about career counseling (I could mark that on my calendar). I also could take advantage of my companies mental health counseling for the free 6 visits. Plan to go to ballet Saturday morning (this is a maybe, as I may want to go to yoga instead). Get book club books from the library and start reading them.

There are probably some basic tasks I want to work on as well: Making progress with my apartment, fixing my computer problem, see the sjp movie that I want to see. Figure out how to transfer my health insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment