Saturday, September 3, 2011

sleeping and waking

Today is supposed to be beautiful. My only plans: Go to yoga at 11 and go to Greenlake with a friend at 3. I used to love days with no plans, but I guess I am a bit unbalanced, with the unemployment and everything. I wish I was more scheduled and had more plans.

I slept from 8 pm to 4am pretty much last night. I'm still in my bed (I'm bored of my couch - bored of my apartment - I would like to do a few things to fix it up), but I got up and did a few things: loaded the dishwasher, froze the lentils (finally - I hope they're not already bad), ate oatmeal for breakfast, listened to KUOW (BBC and NPR's morning edition).

My mother has this thing that instead of complaining you should make a statement of something you would like to improve. So instead of saying "I'm lonely", you should say "I would like to participate in some activities where I will meet people". I guess the problem with depression is that you don't feel like doing anything. The problem with my situation is that I will be starting a new job on Friday (yay!) so I just have to make it until Friday. I will meet lots of new people when I start my new job - I'm very excited.

Another thing that I can do in order to connect with people is write letters to my friends that I no longer see. I could also make plans with my friends that I don't see. There are some that I haven't yet contacted - I'm thinking of someone specific that lives near me.

I think that I will go lap swimming this morning. Then yoga, then running around greenlake. Lots of exercise. It will feel good to be in shape again.


No comments:

Post a Comment